Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Waiting Room

I’m waiting for an audition to come through. I applied for a role that seems so specifically for me. Here’s the deets. There’s a feature film movie coming out that needs an Indian Rapper in their 20’s. I looked at this casting with disbelief when first read it. Was this going to be my big break? What if I don’t get it? What if I never make the cut at a role made so uniquely for me? Questions running through my head at the moment.



I realize this is life’s waiting room. The room you pace around in like a nervous wreck, where one door has a stepping stone behind it and the other is the escalator heading back down to reality. This waiting room is my dreams and these walls are painted with my ambitions. No matter the result I hear in a few days, I hope I’m able to leave this room with a sense of patience, knowing that life will always be a waiting room, and one day I’ll be walking through the right door.

No comments:

Post a Comment